Instagram continues to grow in popularity and with the rollout of Instagram Ads to the public it may be time to consider this option for your business or brand if you haven’t already. While Instagram is a mobile only application where you can only have 1 account logged in at a time (yes, this is a big pain) however this is also what makes it so special with hundreds of thousand images uploaded to the platform on a daily basis, its time to engage in this visual story telling platform.
- Make a plan: While Instagram can be spontaneous in nature and I encourage people to create a plan. Leverage a content calendar to help you stay focused, create daily themes and plan content ahead of schedule. You can always add those spontaneous posts but this will take the pressure to “find something to post”.
- Do a Photoshoot: Instagram is a visual platform. When I get a client started on Social Media or Instagram I always do a photoshoot with them. This give me a whole bunch of content out of the gate to leverage. I create a shot list of what I want, encourage clients to bring multiple outfit changes (3 to 5) and bring props that represent your business.
- Determine your Hashtags: Determine about 20 to 30 hashtags that you’d like to use with your posts. While you don’t need to use all 30….determine hashtags that will help you to grow your business and target your ideal clients. If you aren’t sure you can always use a tool like iconosquare or social rank to help you determine which has tags are right for you.
- Find Apps that you like: I have a few go-to apps that help me with my instagraming. I really like Typic or Wordswag for creating graphics with text, Camera + and Snapseed for editing photos and adding filters, and Replay and Videohance for editing videos.
- Leverage User Generated Content: Whether you are just getting started on Instagram or have been using it for a while sharing content from fellow users is key. If you sell a product encourage people to upload pictures of themselves using your product. You can also shout out to them and leverage their picture on your account.
Still have questions about instagram? Send me an email Jamie@outliermarketinggroup.com